Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blind Emotions - Silence113

Review by Ishwarya

Title – 4/5
You’ve chosen a very apt title for your storyline. I’m impressed. When I read your forewords, I understood the meaning of the title. We say, ‘Love is blind’ and so are the emotions. So, your title is really good.

Appearance - 3/5
The poster gives an impression of some movie banner. ^__^ I like it. However, I would have preferred a better use and positions of the pictures. Even the colour could have been a little bit more grayish (this is completely my POV). And, “be happy always” should be ‘always be happy” and “Follow” has been written as “follor”. This is the reason, I deducted 2 marks.

Forewords - 8/10
Your foreword was well written. You gave a proper introduction to the story, and also described the main characters.
I was also impressed with your grammar skills.
The forewords in one of the key points of a story, so, if you mess it up here, readers may lose interest. However, you didn’t do so. You aroused my interest and made me read it till the end.

Storyline - 10/15
Your story has a nice ending. However, we do get a lot of love triangles to read. So your plot wasn’t that outstanding. It was a sweet, cute and a lively description of the lives of three people.

Story Flow - 12/15
The flow was smooth. You did not rush it at all. As it was just five chapters, you could have extended your ending a little more.

Character Development - 10/15
You developed your characters efficiently.
You stuck to your character descriptions, which impressed me.
However, you did not quite describe the looks of your characters. Most of the time, I had to picturise the three main characters by myself, like how they must be looking or how their expressions are. I hope you can correct this flaw.

Descriptions - 7/10
Your descriptions were simple and easy to understand. However, I found it tough to picturise your settings and creation. You could have included some extravagant dream sequences, and invite your readers to be a part of it, by explaining it efficiently.

Spelling and Grammar - 5/5
No flaws at all. There were no spellings, typo or grammatical errors. However, I feel the usage of “yea” or “yeah” is rude. While writing, I generally prefer to write “yup” or”yes”. I noticed that a fellow reviewer has pointed this out; I’d like to second her thought.

Captivating - 7/10
Even though your story was good, and I read it till the end, you know how someone feels when they read almost the same thing every time? That’s what I felt.

Ending - 3/5
A happy ending makes everyone happy.

Bonus Points - 5/5
Thank you for requesting at Eternal Happiness! And I apologize for the delay. Your request was passed onto me, as one of our reviewers left unexpectedly. Anyway, continue to write more, and don’t forget to request again!

FINAL SCORE: 74/100 

--

Review done by Ishwarya from Eternal Happiness
[http://www.eternalhappiness-ww.blogspot.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment